We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse Supervisor
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Type: Indefinite
Duty Station: MSF OCA, Sokoto Project
Main Objective and Responsibilities of the Position
- Planning and supervising the execution of the Warehouse and Stock Management activities in the project according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure the optimal functioning of the mission.
- Planning and supervising on a day-to-day basis the Warehouse and Stock Management activities in the project, ensuring compliance of MSF standards, protocols and procedures. These activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Physically and administratively managing medical and non-medical stocks in conjunction with the supply officer and the stock owners and assuming responsibility for the warehouse and its contents.
- Ensuring that all necessary tools and management procedures are in place in order to avoid stock ruptures, losses (expiries, damages due to bad storage conditions, temperature breach) and excess stocks. Regularly checking inventory levels (physical counts), keeping inventories up to date and monitoring consumption
- Checking, recording and arranging the goods received and ensuring the availability of a wide range of items for various projects and departments (medical supplies, food, spare parts, tools, equipment, etc.)
- Ensuring that all items are well organized and correctly stored according to their specificity, well protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.).
- Supervising the team under his/her responsibility including the definition and planning of each person’s tasks (daily supervision and checking the quality of their work); drawing up working schedule and organizing and leading team meetings.
- Supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Performing delegated tasks according to his her speciality and as specified in his/her job description.
MSF Section / Context Specific Accountabilities
- Ensure that all stock movements have correct approval, including back-up / reference documents (such as an IR, PU etc.) and that this stock movement is filed and administered completely
- Produce reference document (such as SR, PO, PL etc.)
- Ensure that all required information is correctly and entirely recorded on the stock cards by store keepers (Product specification, MSF code, batch number, expiry date, received or issued date, stock balance, in, out and reference number of reception and delivery documents)
- Ensure that all hardcopy information in the stock cards is administrated in MSR, and the two systems are synchronized.
- Ensure follow up of (signed) hardcopy documents (IR, PL, PO, Loan/donation agreements etc.) and file them in the designated folders.
- Support in the monthly stock report (MSR, SMS and TSR) the first week of every monthly, before the 2nd of the month.
- Prevent stock discrepancies (theft or damage, wrong counting of failure to record all IN and OUT in stock cards) and investigate any discrepancies.
- Support the SM/SS in monitoring the stock levels (medical and non-medical) considering consumption figures, expiry dates, excess drugs and possible shortages. Advise the Supply Manager in these matters.
- Supervise the physical stock count at least every four months before the international ordering process: 4M, 8M&12M
- Carry out regular stock checks.
- Inform the Supply Manager when the stock item gets to the minimum stock level and when they are over maximum.
- Regularly inform (submit a list) to the Supply Manager on stock items that will expire within six months.
- With Supply Manager and Supply Supervisor participate in meeting with Medical team (MTL and MAM) for all questions related to medical stock management and ordering.
- Perform warehouse checklist and implement the related recommendations from the line manager and the Coordination.
- Submit the LSR and the 3A inventory by the end of the 2th day of each month.
- Prepare Logistical item Kits in advance and shares softcopies of every kit in cooperation with Watsan and other Departments.
- Keep for each Kit, the logistical items complete and clean at all time.
- Supervise the fuel stock management including reception, monitoring and reporting by the end of each month.
- Maintain all EPREP Kits complete according the packing list.
- Supervise the reception of the logistic reusable material and equipment from the field (after intervention), keep them in good conditions, cleaned and well arranged, inventoried and recorded.
- Support Storekeepers in reception of NFI material and distribution at times of peak workload, when necessary, as well as overseeing the reception of international cargoes from Abuja.
- Replace other team members when on leave or absents.
Requirements (Qualifications / Experience / Knowledge)
To apply for this role applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Secondary Education.
- Desirable warehouse management related studies.
- Experience as a Warehouse Manager and/or experience in MSF Logistics department.
- Mission language essential, local language desirable.
- Basic mathematics and use of measuring equipment. Computer literacy.
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Stress Management.
- Job Application Details Method of Application Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online