9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Engineer, Packet Switch Core
Location: Abuja, NG
- Perform PS-CORE end to end troubleshooting, conduct Packet core health checks, and carry out end to end KPI analysis and Performance optimization
- Ensure the implementation, maintenance and operations of Packet switch nodes and effectively monitor all data related links
- Configure and integrate different nodes and solutions for both new and existing networks.
- Analyze problems and identify suitable solution to these problems.
- Working on complex troubleshooting, using support tools, standard processes and procedures
- Co-ordinate the integration of new BSC, RNC and eNode B to the packet nodes
- Integration and deployment of caching solution on the network, alongside its operations and maintenance.
- Follow up on data network activities on daily basics and ensure fault free network.
- Perform impact analysis of software upgrade and provide recommendation.
- Co-ordinate routine maintenance of PS core network elements in line with standard policies and procedures
- Generate Change Request and develop scripting for implementation for Packet nodes.
- Ensure effective analyses of the Packet performance reports and proactively resolve any challenges
- Ensure integrity of public IP address against vulnerabilities.
- Integration and troubleshooting of VPN’s deployed on the network
- Perform PS Core Audit activity and resolution on identified loopholes
- Ensure that the PS Core nodes availability targets are achieved
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Manager, PS Carrier.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Domain experience:(Packet core) minimum of 4 years.
- Very good knowledge of Huawei Packet Core nodes, SGSN, MME, GGSN, S- GW and P-GW
- Good Understanding of Packet Core Surrounding Nodes (Like VOLTE, SCG, Charging Nodes, etc.)
- Good knowledge of Policy server (PCRF, PCEF), DNS
- Familiar with virtualization and the Cloud Systems
- Excellent IP background
- GPRS (SGSN/GGSN) operational experience with focus on troubleshooting
- Fault analysis & Performance reporting/analysis
- Personal Effectiveness
- Problem Solving
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Customer Focus.
- Job Application Details How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online