Mobile Foundation for Health Security and Rehabilitation Nigeria (MHSR) is a YOUTH -led initiative that focuses on Mobile Health Services, Sexual Health Education, Mobile HIV /STI Screening, Human Right and Advocacy, Capacity Building, Mental Health, Research and Documentation, Establishment of support groups and rehabilitation of Key Population through housing initiative for community that are most at risk to infection and diseases especially the Adolescents. MHSR is a nonprofit, nongovernmental organization dedicated to giving mobile health services, doing research, training and advocacy for vulnerable groups especially Key Populations to improve their health and build their capacity for a better standard of living. MHSR was founded on March 1st 2014 and aims to reach Key Populations with quality HIV holistic services through collaborations with partners.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Peer Navigator
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Contract
Slot: 4 Openings
Job Specific Information
- Mobile Foundation for Health Security & Rehabilitation (MHSR) are seeking to recruit Peer Navigators will be responsible for educating clients on medication and treatment adherence by providing training, health resources, and mentorship.
- The role of the peer navigator is toact as a bridge between care providers and clients who require assistance in accessing medical, social and mental health-related services.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Be responsible for a delivering individualized, client centered peer support in high HIV caseload clinics and community settings.
- Maintain strict client confidentiality and privacy.
- Work with clients to support their health and wellbeing, taking a peer-to-peer approach. This may include attending appointments as requested.
- Identify and respond appropriately in crises.
- Encourage client engagement with social and support services, providing referrals as appropriate.
- Provide accurate advice to clients relating to contemporary HIV treatment and the role of treatment as prevention in the context of treatment, care and support of PLHIV.
- Promote and facilitate group workshops.
- Exercise a high level of interpersonal skills and professionalism in dealing with clients, Living Positive MHSR staff and other team members.
- Provide reports on program activities and participate in monitoring and evaluation of the Peer Navigator Program, including recommendations.
- Participate in and actively contribute to service planning activities as requested by supervisors.
Key Working Relationships:
- Direct Supervisor: Care & Support Officer
- Indirect Supervisor: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
- Supervisees: Nil
Qualifications and Skills
- A Minimum of College School Degree (WAEC, NECO), BSc in any relevant Health related or Social Sciences field with a minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience in implementing targeted community HIV Testing Services for Key Population.
- Previous or current experience with Key Population programming
- Conducted and Passed Proficiency Tests
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment
- Excellent written, listening and oral communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and work well under pressure
- Excellent use of android application and computer literacy, particularly in the use of MS Office
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English and other Nigerian languages
- Ability to conceptualize and understand program needs.
- Job Application Details Method of Application Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in PDF to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.