The Center for Community and Health Development International is a non-discriminatory, non-governmental organization with a mandate to improve the health and quality of life of Nigeria’s rural children and women. CHAD was establish in 2002 by a group of women from different religious and ethnic background in Gombe state, North East Nigeria.
- Experience 5 – 7 years
- Location Borno
CHAD INTERNATIONAL, as a Women-led National Non-Governmental Organization, is sedulously committed to improving the lives of people who have been affected by various forms of conflict or disasters in Nigeria. Operating since 2002, CHAD has seen to the implementation of various support and relief programs across five (5) states within Nigeria: Adamawa, Anambra, Borno, Gombe and Imo. Hitherto, CHAD has gained relevant experience is program implementation in both development and humanitarian contexts. CHAD arrived at the northeast humanitarian scene in 2015, and has since then implemented various lifesaving interventions in sectors such as Child Protection, GBV, Education, Governance and Civic rights and carrying out core activities such as Case Management, Family Tracing and Reunification, Alternative Care Placements, Psycho-social Support, Awareness raising, establishment and strengthening Community Based Networks, Service provision and Supports, Referrals and Sensitization.
CHAD’s knowledge of the context and local terrain has catalyzed partnerships with various reputable International and national non-governmental organizations. CHAD’s wealth of experience in program design and implementation has led to sustained engagements with communities, partners in the public and humanitarian sectors and has further resulted to steady contributions to sectoral objectives.
To complement our effort, we are recruiting to fill the position below;
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Prepare and maintain all books of accounts in digital and hard copy, and in accordance with the Financial management principles and project standards
- In joint consultation with the project team on planned activities, prepare weekly, monthly or quarterly budget projection for review and approval by the management oversight.
- Train the Project field team on financial processes and required documentations for management of project funded activities.
- Hold weekly review meetings with the project team on planned activities to ensure they are not derailed from the budget guidelines
- Responsible for supporting the project team in processing Financial requests for the budgeted project activities under the direct supervision of the management oversight team
- Prepare ahead of the submission deadlines; weekly, monthly and end of project financial retirements in accordance to the CHAD INT’L guidelines for review by the management oversight for onward action.
- Work in close consultation with donor`s Finance staff for proper guidance on adhering to their Financing principles/ guidelines and reporting procedures.
- Be accountable, transparent and observe integrity in all financial transactions and implement guidelines in accordance with the CHAD INT’L project.
- Accountable to the management oversight
- Perform any other duties assign or asked of you that are in line with the CHAD INT’L project
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- A degree in Accountancy or Banking and finance from reputable university only
- Knowledge of accounting software (QuickBook or SAP)
- Knowledge of Microsoft excel and presentation
- 5-7 years professional experience as Finance Officer
- Experience in working with NGO will be an added advantage
- Spoken and written language skills in English is required.
- Proven experience in working with multi-disciplinary teams is required.
Other knowledge, additional competences
Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Ability to contribute to complex technical assistance programmes/projects
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to appreciate cultural and ethnic diversity
- Excellent diplomacy and persuasion skills
- Job Application Details Method of Application Interested candidates should apply; all CV and cover latter in not more than 3 pages should be address to the Human Resource Officer, Center for Community Health and Development (CHAD) International.The CV/cover letter is strictly to be summited to email@example.com .Kindly indicate the position you apply as the subject of your email. NOTE; CHAD provides equal opportunity in employment and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. CHAD International encourages all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process. Applications submitted after this date will not be considered.