FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION (TECHNICAL), POTISKUM
Muhammad Idrissa Way, P. M. B. 1013, Potiskum, Yobe State
Internal and External Advertisement
Vacancy for the Post of College Registrar
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post of College Registrar for the Federal College of Education (Technical) Potiskum, Yobe State.
The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the College and is responsible to the Provost for the day-to-day performance of his/her duties. The Registrar is a Principal Officer and head of the Registry Department.
- The Registrar is responsible for the day-today administration of the Registry
- Functions as Secretary to the Governing Council
- Functions as Secretary to other statutory Committees
- Responsible for keeping all records of the College
- Issuing of Certificate of Service, Results and Transcript
- Interpreting extant rules
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time-to-time Qualification
To be eligible for appointment as College Registrar, the candidate must possess the following requirements:
- A good honours degree in any of the Social Sciences, Art Subjects from any recognized institution of higher learning;
- A relevant Masters Degree from a recognized institution of higher learning with at least 18 years cognate work experience. Possession of Doctoral degree is an added advantage;
- Must have been a Deputy Registrar on CONTEDISS 15, from any tertiary institutions;
- Evidence of continuous mandatory professional development;
- Proficiency in Information Communication Technology (ICT);
- Must have a membership of recognized professional body in the relevant field;
- Successful candidate must not be above the age of fifteen-nine (59) years at the time of taking up the appointment.
Terms of Appointment
The Registrar shall hold office for a period of five (5) years in the first instance, beginning from the effective date of assumption to duty and on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment, and may be renewable subject to satisfactory performance for another term of five (5) years and no more.
- The Conditions of Service are as obtainable in the Federal Colleges of Education system,
Candidate appointed will be entitled to all officially approved benefits attached to the Office of the College Registrar.
Job Application Details
Method of Application
Applications should be submitted in soft copy read only compact disks two (2 nos) and twenty (20) hard copies with up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and copies of credentials which must include the following:
1. 1) Full names, surname underlined
2. 2) Marital status, and Number of Children indicating the age of each
3. 3) Date and place of Birth; Local Government Area and State of Origin
4. 4) Telephone Numbers and e-mail Address
5. 5) Current Postal Address and Permanent Home Address
6. 6) Educational Institutions attended with dates
7. 7) Academic and Professional Qualification and Distinctions with dates
8. 8) Membership of Professional Association/Bodies
9. 9) Work experience in chronological sequence
10. 10) Present Employer!: Status and Salary
11. 11) Extra-curricular activities
12. 12) Evidence of Medical Fitness from a recognized Government Hospital
13. 13) Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees one of whom must be the present Employer.
Applications should be submitted in sealed envelope marked uPost of Registrar on the top left-hand corner addressed to:
The Ag. Registrar
Federal College of Education (Technical)
P. M. B. 1013, Potiskum, Yobe State
Not later than six (6) weeks from the date of this publication.
Candidates are required to ask their referees to send Confidential Report on them to the same above address before the closing date.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be invited for the interview.
Please say that you got this job advertisement through Jobs For Naija