Grassroots Researchers Association (GRA) is a nonprofit and non-political rights-based organization registered in 2016 with the Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria as a local content hub aimed at facilitating evidence- based grassroots initiatives and actions that promote development, justice and victims support in the communities. Our mission is to be an active grassroots mobilizer towards improving the total quality of human life and social justice in Nigeria. Our programmes are spread across Climate Change, Conflict, Security and Justice, Social Economic Development and Governance. For more information, visit: www.grassrootresearchers.org.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant (Volunteer)
Locations: Maiduguri – Borno, Damaturu – Yobe & Yola – Adamawa
Vacancy Slots: 3 Slots
- The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative, operational, and logistical support to GRA’s regional office and coordinating administrative efforts for field technical activities including general office administration, human resources, legal and statutory compliance, health and safety, procurement and staff capacity building in line with GRA policies and procedures.
- This position is primarily responsible for ensuring that office administrative operations are functioning efficiently and effectively and are aligned to support attainment of GRA’s goals.
- The incumbent will ensure administrative and HR supports are conducted according to GRA’s policy, standard operating procedures, and good business practices, and that tasks are completed with a high level of quality and integrity.
Dimensions of the Role:
- The post holder will support effective administration and logistics coordination for the all GRA’s program
- Provide day-to-day support to staff in general office operations and identify future needs
- Ensure timely welcome services, hotel and flights bookings and other support services for staff and visitors
- Coordinate and management movement register for all staff and visitors
- Effective management of the office operations
- Prepare and file documents for signature and/or action, as necessary and ensure that that proper filing systems are in place for the office
- Coordinates the planning and organization of meetings and workshops
- Arrange for the repair and maintenance of office equipment and machinery to ensure that staff works effectively without any disruptions.
- Establish and maintain a well-functioning logistics support operation for the office –effective coordination and use of vehicles
- Coordinate logistics and procurement operations – Selection of vendors/suppliers and sending RFQs
- Prepares and Maintain records of all outstanding purchase orders with external vendors and arranges transportation and forwarding services for all orders to ensure delivery on schedule
- Prepare reports on personnel and material movement and ensure that reporting requirements are fulfilled in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure compliance with GRA’s logistics standards and regulations
- Take minutes of staff and management meetings
- Ensure appropriate request for quotation is placed and correct quotations received for processing
- Perform any other project related duties as specified by the Admin Officer and other dotted line management.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- A B.Sc / HND / ND in Business / Public Administration or related field.
- 1 – 2 years work experience.
- Experience working in administration and logistics generalist role is added vantage
- Fluency in English with excellent writing and speaking skills is required.
- Demonstrable experience in office management and staff coordination.
- Excellent writing and speaking in English language
- Knowledge and understanding of Nigeria’s policy environment
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including good listening skills, influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Creates strong sense of purpose and commitment within own part of the team and with stakeholders
- Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behaviour
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism/integrity
- Strategic thinking and effective contribution to own work and Organisational development.
- Strong emotional intelligence including self-awareness.
- Very strong commitment to continuous learning
- Actively seeks for support in addressing difficulties in execution of duties.
- Job Application Details How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online Note Applicants should submit their applications addressed to the Executive Director, Grassroots Researchers Association (GRA) via the link above. All applications must include 1-page Cover Letter and CV (4 pages maximum). Applications must be sent as a single PDF or MS Word attachment not later than the closing date. Due to the large number of applications received, only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted. General Information: GRA encourages applications from qualified and experienced women. GRA is an accountability-driven organization whose staff are expected to uphold the highest standards of integrity, neutrality and impartiality. This includes respect for human rights, for diversity/gender, and for non-violent means of dealing with all kinds of conflict. Only persons who fully and unconditionally commit to these values should consider applying for GRA jobs. GRA does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process (application, testing, interviewing, etc.). GRA does not concern itself with information related to bank accounts.